Friday, July 13, 2012

Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck

Synopsis: Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest--this time with Ren's dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger's Curse. Fraught with danger, spellbinding dreams, and choices of the heart, TIGER'S QUEST brings the trio one step closer to breaking the spell that binds them.

My thoughts: I wasn’t very motivated to read this book, but after the first chapter, I really couldn’t put it down. Of course, the beginning was VERY depressing and it felt as if I was reading Bella Swan’s suffering in “New Moon”, but with a different scenario. Only after Ren appears at her door that things starts getting interesting.

                After about two months dating, Ren is kidnapped and Kelsey starts a new adventure, this time with Kishan, a hot-super-cute black tiger that suffers because he believes that he is the principal cause of their tiger-curse. He is a beautiful man, and I completely fell in love for him! But, nothing is perfect, and since I’m not a character nor I’m Kelsey, I don’t have the lucky to find a guy like him to fall in love with me! ;) Yes, Kishan falls in love with Kelsey, but she loves Ren. Nonetheless, Kishan promised to help her find Ren, so they talk to the goddess Durga to protect Ren. But she has a high price for it.

                Well, I can’t tell a lot about this book, otherwise you won’t read it. But it really, REALLY, blew my mind away. I panicked for Ren, Kelsey and Kishan, hated Kelsey because she didn’t want Kishan, suffered for the black tiger, that loved her but would never have her love. I screamed the WHOLE reading, saying like “Kelsey, for God’s sake, can’t you see how Kishan is suffering?” or “Ok, girl, so just kill yourself, since your heart is THAT broken. Get a grip!”.

                Readers won’t be disappointed, since, in my opinion, this sequel was better than the first one. Now I have to wait to get my hands at the third novel.

Rate:

No comments:

Post a Comment